Return to the top of this page or click on any of the links below to visit them:
1. Adhere satin to posterboard using fusible web and following manufacturer's directions.
2. Enlarge pattern shown to measure 8 1/2" from tip of beak to tail.
3. Transfer to satin covered posterboard and cut out.
4. Spread a thin layer of glue over back of Medallion doily with small foam brush and place on top of dove.
5. Trim away excess doily that extends past edges of dove shape.
6. Glue pearl in place for eye.
7. Use 12" of satin ribbon on dove back as hanger. Use remaining ribbon to place around neck and tie a bow.
8. Fold 1/2" trim in half lengthwise and glue along bottom of dove, folding ends to back of dove for a finished appearance.
9. Cut 2" section from remaining doily pieces and wrap around to create dove's beak.
10. Fan fold 8" French doily. Trim bottom from fan so it measures 6 inches long. Glue this on top center of dove for the wing and fluff folds.
You can use this dove in multiples for wedding decorations. Hang from ceiling or in front of window as shown. They would look great over the gift table!
If you use red or green satin, instead of blue, these doves can be used for Christmas decorations. Alter the pattern size if you like, making several dove sizes for your tree or windows.